Teacher Training Spring 2015 $2,995
|When -||First Day of Training: January 16th 2015|
|Where -||2442 N Lincoln Ave (Lincoln Park)|
- Our classes run throughout the year.
- Complete the program in as little as 5 months (or as long as you need).
- Transcripts do not expire.
- Our faculty consists of some of Chicago's best known teachers and visiting faculty from around the world.
- You will benefit from the experience of many teachers and mentors.
Information for earning your degree as a teacher from The Chicago School of Yoga:
Based on the teachings of the grandfather of modern Yoga, T Krishnamacharya, this certificate course is firstly a journey of reflection and self-awareness.
In addition, it offers the required tools to begin transmitting these teachings to others. The course offers an in-depth education in yoga for personal practice and general health, as well as an introduction to healing and spirituality.
This program is appropriate for those wishing to teach group yoga classes, private classes or anyone interested in gaining knowledge and experience of the full spectrum of yoga's tools.
Why should I become certified at the Chicago School of Yoga?
- Individualized attention: You will have a mentor whom you will meet with throughout the course. He/she will give you a personal practice for you to do daily according to your physical, mental, and emotional needs. He/she will also guide you and answer questions you may have along this beautiful journey.
- Accessible format: You can become a certified yoga teacher in 5 months or several years, you create your own schedule depending on your life needs.
- Highly experienced faculty who will guide and support you through the process.
- The content is structured to give you a solid foundation of what yoga is, how to use the tools in your personal life, and how to teach according to the students' needs.
- A CSOY degree is recognized as a high and complete level of yoga studies. It is respected by studio's throughout the world as a degree of excellence qualifying you as a trained yoga teacher.
- Our Teacher Training is Yoga Alliance Approved.
What does the course include?
- Over 180 hours of classroom time: History of Yoga, Yoga Philosophy, Theory and Practice of: asana, pranayama, chanting, meditation, kriyas, lifestyle, relationships, visualization.
- Daily practice: Start or end your day with an experience of what you have been learning.
- Practicuums: Observe, assist and teach several classes to acquire experience.
- Mentor sessions: one-on-one sessions with a teacher who will create a personalized practice for you to do at home daily in your own time.
- Plus, the mentor will offer guidance and support throughout the process.
- Project: in order to graduate, the student will carry out a project in their specific area of interest and present to the faculty.
- Community service: experience the beauty of teaching yoga to those who would otherwise not be exposed to it, and expect nothing in return.
- Knowledge on two of yoga's most important texts: the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita.
- Learn various tools of yoga and how to place them together to create a great class.
- Become a confident teacher through experience.
What are the requirements to join this course?
- An open mind.
- Willingess to be a student.
- Commitment to learning and to a daily practice (given to you by your mentor).
- We welcome all interested parties.
How long will it take me to become a certified teacher?
- Since this program allows you to work at your own pace, you can complete the program in a minimum of 5 months or the length of time that is most comfortable for you.
- You decide how fast you want to work to get your yoga degree since we function on the trimester system, offering all modules 3 times per year.
What do I need to graduate?
- Required modules: Yoga 101 - 110 (see descriptions below)
- Yoga 101: is the pre-requisite for all other modules.
- Yoga 110: is the last module you take.
- 2 Mentor Sessions
- Observation Practicuum: 10 hours
- Supervised Student Teaching Practicuum: 10 hours
- Completion of All Assignments
- Community Service: 5 hours
- Desk and Studio Work: 4 hours
- Complete and present your project
What do the Modules Consist of?
YOGA 101: This is the pre-requisite module to all other modules. Introduction to the Teacher Certification and what it means to be a teacher. What is Yoga? History of Yoga. Samkhya philosophy, Basics of asana, Teacher student chant, Subtle anatomy, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Intro.
YOGA 102: General anatomy & physiology, Five mayas model, Standing & Forward Bend poses, Backward bends & Twist poses, Ayurmantra, Bhagavad Gita Intro.
YOGA 103: Yoga as a holistic system, Chakras theory & practice, Prana Agni Mala Model, Side bends & Inversion poses, Course planning.
YOGA 104: Dynamics of breathing, Prana, Pranayama, Kriya Yoga theory & practice, Sun Salutation A, B & C Concept of vinyasa, Gayatri mantra.
Pre-requisite: 101, 102, 103
YOGA 105: Sequencing, Yajna model explained, Chanting in meditation or in asana, Teaching a Gentle Class. (Beginner/Level 1)
Pre-requisite: 101, 102, 103, 104
YOGA 106: Kriyas (neti pot & kapalabhati), Pranayama breakdown, Pranayama techniques, Creating a specific atmosphere in class, Teaching a dynamic class (Level 2), Bhavana - the art of visualization, Relationships.
Pre-requisite: 101, 102, 103, 104
YOGA 107: Students teach class, The Business of Yoga, What makes a good teacher, Extra tools for teaching (essential oils, music, props...). Arm balances.
Pre-requisite: 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106
YOGA 108: Students teach class. Ayurveda - Yoga's sister science. Arm Balances, Standing Balances and Teaching a restorative/gentle class.
YOGA 109: Students teach class. How to lead a private class. Teaching different types of classes.
YOGA 110: Meditation, Psychology of Yoga - living an absolutely amazing life. Congratulations!
Pre-requisite: 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107
What are the dates for the courses:
Fall 2014 dates
101: 09/12-09/14 with Lucia Cordeiro Drever
102: 09/26-09-28 with Shanna Linn
103: 10/17-1 0/19 with Per Erez
104: 10/24-10/26 with David Duerkop
105: 11/07-11/09 with David Duerkop
106: 11/21-11/23 with David Duerkop
107: 12/05-12/07 with Lauren Massarella
108: 12/12-12/14 with Per Erez
109: 01/09-01/11 with Lauren Massarella
110: 01/30-02-01 with Lucia Cordeiro Drever
101: 01/16-01/18 with Lucia Cordeiro Drever
102: 01/23-01/25 with Shanna Linn
103: 02/20-02-22 with David Duerkop
104: 03/06-03/08 with Per Erez
105: 03/20-03/22 with David Duerkop
106: 04/10-04-12 with David Duerkop
107: 04/24-04-26 with Lauren Massarella
108: 05/15-05/17 with Per Erez
109: 05-29-05-31 with Lauren Massarella
110: 06/12-06/14 with Lucia Cordeiro Drever
When Do Classes Take Place?
Fridays: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
What Is The Cost of Tuition?
You can pay as you go or all at once. (cash, credit card or check) - MEMBERS OF CSOY ALWAYS PAY 10% LESS. JOIN TODAY!
- 10 Modules: $395.00 per Module
- Pay In Full: before Module 101 begins $2,995 (Save $1000.00)
- Additional fees required: With registration and payment of tuition $450.00 (includes materials & 3 private lessons. & 3 workshops)
What is covered in the price of tuition?
- When you pay in full: You receive unlimited yoga for 120 days.
- When you purchase Class Modules individually: Each module provides you with a two week unlimited membership expiring 14 days after the module begins and is not cumulative.
What is the required reading for this program?
- The Heart of Yoga TKV Desikachar
- Happier Tal Ben Shahar
- Yoga Anatomy Leslie Kaminoff
- Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation Steven Mitchell
- The Chicago School of Yoga Handouts - CSOY Faculty
Who is the lead teacher for the program?
David Duerkop teaches a Vinyasa style steeped in basic yoga fundamentals but often sequenced in creative ways. He will encourage you to have fun and challenge yourself while honoring your individual needs. David fuses old school fundamentals and traditions with new school sequences and music to create a lighthearted, fun and supportive environment for self discovery through yoga. He has taught thousands of yoga classes and completed multiple trainings and certifications with Rusty Wells, Baron Baptiste, Manju Jois and the beloved teaching faculty of yogaview.
FREE ORIENTATIONS SCHEDULED, CHECK OUR CLASS SCHEDULE FOR AN ORIENTATION DATE THAT IS GOOD FOR YOU
I've decided to take the course! How can I apply?
- Download the application form here
- Obtain the Teacher application form and email it to David Duerkop
- Save your spot by making the payment for the first module (Yoga 101) online,
- By calling CSOY at (773) 868-9642,
- Or by visiting us at our administrative offices at 2442 N. Lincoln, Chicago, IL
- Call Evonne to discuss financing.
We are happy to answer any questions that may come up along the way. Please feel free to reach out.
We understand the commitment is big, but we also know that the benefits are bigger and last a lifetime.
This is a beautiful path that you are about to embark on and we are honored to be the ones supporting you through it!
The Chicago School of Yoga
2442 N. Lincoln Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614